Batavia Patentservis Asia
(formerly Batavia Patent Agent)
Kartika Chandra Office Tower,
4th Floor Suite 409
Jl. Gatot Subroto Kav 18-20,
Jakarta 12930 - INDONESIA
Formerly known as Batavia Patent Agent, beginning mid of 2016 the firm operates under the new name Batavia Patentservis Asia, still with abbreviation BPA. The “rebranding” includes new expanded name, Batavia Patentservis Asia, as implementation of our global reach, but the firm’s logo “BPA” is maintained to preserve company tradition, spirit, value and focus since its establishment in 1993.
Such rebranding follows significant achievement of the business, especially in terms of new clients acquired and partnerships established, transaction and network expansion in Asia as well as remote regions. As far as growth is concerned, it is known that Asia is fast becoming the epicenter of world economic and culture. The new company name is designed to encompass the company’s vision of high quality legal services in intellectual property sector operated in and from Asia.
Started from a small group of engineers working in design, consulting and engineering field in 1993, the firm broaden its scope into intellectual property works by handling translation, drafting and technological review for IP documents. By that time, patent system was newly introduced to Indonesian society (the first law namely Patent Law No.6/1989 took effect of August 1, 1991). This imparts our group a unique competence among firms practicing IP matters in the country.
Today the firm provides trustworthy and consistent full services in IP matters to hundreds of domestic and foreign clients and associates, from small start-ups to big firms, from the USA, Europe, Japan, Korea, China, Russia, Australia, and the rest Asian countries.
Overview of our services:
- Filing and prosecution of the whole types of intellectual property applications, domestic and foreign (patent, trademark, design, etc)
- Filing of PCT patent applications to and from Indonesia
- Search, patent drafting, patentability assessment
- Search, registrability opinion on trademark
- IP due diligence, freedom to operate, infringement analyses
- IP Opposition, Appeal, Cancellation, Investigation, Litigation
- IP Lawsuit & Enforcement
- Maintenance/annuity payment service for Patent or Trademark
- Translation of Patent Specification and IP-related Documents
- Obtaining franchising permit before Ministry of Trade
- Filing and prosecuting Plant Variety Protection (PVP) application (Breeder’s Right) before Indonesian PVP Office
- AKHKI (Indonesian IP Attorneys Association)
- APAA (Asian Patent Attorneys Association)
- INTA (International Trademark Association)