Nigeria, Ghana, OAPI, ARIPO
Banwo & Ighodalo’s ("B&I") Intellectual Property and Technology practice group (IPTG) is one of the firm’s 5 specialised units. The IPTG covers core industrial property (trademarks, patents and designs) and copyright; anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy; information technology law, privacy, advertising law, media and entertainment law.
We work with clients to secure and maintain effective protection for their brands, intangible assets, concepts, and technical know-how. We take pride in delivering excellent work within a short turnaround time, in line with best practices obtainable across the world.
Through collaboration with a strong network of associates and colleagues in other regions (e.g. Ghana, OAPI, ARIPO and others), we are able to harmonise our clients’ intellectual property strategies across different jurisdictions.
Our well-trained team is responsive and resourceful. Not only are we well-versed in the law and procedure, we are creative in coming up with useful, practical solutions to our client’s problems.
Areas of Specialisation
- Product Registration and Regulatory Compliance
- Anti- counterfeiting and Anti-Piracy
- IP Strategy, Licensing, Distribution, IP Transactions
- Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG)
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Nigeria (IPLAN)
- Anti-Counterfeiting Collaboration (ACC)
- Intellectual Property Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association – Section on Business Law (NBA-SBL)
Tel: +234 803 411 5000
Tel: +234 803 426 2475
Abimbola Akeredolu, SAN FCIArb.
Tel: +234 0803 402 3034