“Shameful” is the word WIPO director general Francis Gurry used last month to describe the lack of women participating in the innovation ecosystem. And the statistics back him up—less than one-fifth (18.7%) of inventors named in international patent applications in 2019 were women. Sarah Morgan reports.
- Career series: Laura Schoppe, Fuentek 06-04-2020
- Career series: Millicent Grant 09-03-2020
- D&I: putting your money where your mouth is 05-03-2020
- Career series: Sanjana Sharma, UL (Underwriters Laboratories) 31-01-2020
- Ageism: the old taboo 28-01-2020
Latest diversity news
While 60% of UK lawyers working in-house are women, just 1.5% are disabled, while black, Asian and minority ethnic lawyers are underrepresented, according to statistics published by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.