Charmayne is widely recognised as one of Malaysia’s top IP and TMT lawyers, and was named as one of AsiaLaw’s Leading Lawyers since 2009 for IP. She has been listed as a leading individual in Legal 500 Asia Pacific for IT and Telecommunications since 2008 and listed as a "Leading Individual" for TMT in Legal 500 Asia-Pacific since 2018. She also has been ranked as a ‘Leading Individual’ for Intellectual Property in Legal 500 Asia Pacific since 2018. Charmayne has been ranked for IP in Chambers Asia Pacific since 2009, which recently described her as ‘Charmayne Ong has a strong market reputation for advisory work in Malaysia, particularly managing registrations of patents, trade marks and copyrights. She offers in-depth sectoral expertise in TMT and also handles work in other sectors’.
Charmayne also was listed in the Managing IP’s Top 250 Women in IP 2021. In addition, Charmayne was listed as "WIPR's Influential Women in IP 2020" by World IP Review and as one of 'Malaysia Top 100 Lawyers - The A List' by Asia Business Law Journal 2020. In 2022, Charmayne was ranked Band 2 for TMT by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2022 and recognised as a recommended practitioner in the Who's Who Legal (WWL): Telecoms & Media 2022.
- Acted for a leading foreign IT service provider for an IT outsourcing project that involved the provision of IT products (including hardware and software) and services to the IT subsidiary of an established local bank. The scope of work included the review, drafting and negotiations of the IT outsourcing agreement and other IT-related agreements.
- Acted for an Indonesian bank in reviewing, drafting, advising and conducting negotiations in relation to a system licence and services agreement with a Labuan incorporated IT service provider. This complex transaction involved the (a) outsourcing of the bank’s data centre, disaster recovery facility and management services; (b) licence and implementation of a new system to process the bank’s daily banking transactions; and (c) provision of maintenance services of the licensed system; in Indonesia.
- Acted for a prominent Islamic insurance operator in Malaysia in reviewing, drafting and advising in relation to an IT infrastructure operations management services agreement with a leading IT service provider. This transaction involved the outsourcing of the management of the insurance operator’s IT systems.
- Acted for a leading international life insurance company in reviewing, drafting, advising and conducting negotiations in relation to a managed contact centre services agreement which involved outsourcing of call centre management services to a leading IT service provider in Malaysia.
- Acted for a leading global IT service provider for an IT outsourcing project that involved the outsourcing of IT systems for a regional supermarket company. The scope of work included advice, review, drafting and negotiations of the IT outsourcing agreement.
- Acted for a local IT service provider in viewing, drafting, advising and conducting negotiations in relation to a substantial outsourcing project with a local bank. The work undertaken had progressed to a very advanced stage although ultimately the project did not complete due to other reasons.
- Member of CILS Associate Professional
- Member for Congress of the CILS Fellows
- Member of Malaysian Intellectual Property Association
- Member of Licensing Executives Society Malaysia
- Member of INTA
- Member of Asian Patent Attorneys Association
- Member of The Association Of European Trade Mark Owners (MARQUES)