Fending off: how a giant guitar-shaped hotel struck a chord
An iconic hotel shaped like a guitar can be registered in the US as a three-dimensional trademark, despite initially being rejected as non-distinctive. The case proves that a striking design doesn’t guarantee trademark rights for building shapes, discovers Sarah Speight.
- Will the Washington Commanders make its mark? 31-05-2023
- How to operate a cost-effective domain program 31-05-2023
- Africa: A changing continent heading for ‘greater heights’ 30-05-2023
- Lost in the mail: address for service at UK IPO post-Brexit 25-05-2023
- Big challenges for green trademarks 24-05-2023
Latest trademarks news
Ashurst hires former BBC IP lawyer in digital economy team
IP transactions expert is appointed head of UK IP to strengthen the firm’s digital economy practice.
Sulima, Grabowska, Sierzputowska Patent and Trademark Attorneys
Caribbean Trademark Services - Law Office of George C. J. Moore PA
Fenix Legal KB
Belgium, China, Denmark, Sweden
Caribbean, EU, Central America, Latin America, South America