The Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office has built up a tremendous patent backlog that is hampering the functioning of the patent system. Recent official data shows that a patent application would take 11 years before reaching a final decision. The prospect is bleak: IT inventions may take more than 14 years to get examined. In a rapidly changing field such as this, protracted examination renders most patents unusable.
- US jurisdiction report: The benefits of the provisional patent application 01-11-2017
- Alive and well: the doctrine of equivalents in the US 01-11-2017
- Sweden jurisdiction report: Universities - a hub of innovation 24-10-2017
- Mexico jurisdiction report: Dealing with third party observations 21-10-2017
- IP portfolio audits: Conquering the odds 20-10-2017
Latest patents news
Cozen O’Connor has strengthened its IP team with the addition of Hugh Marbury, a former partner at DLA Piper.
Get the Information Edge with Practice Insight
Julius & Creasy
O’Conor & Power-Abogados/Propiedad Industrial-Argentina
Argentina and Latin America
Caribbean, EU, Central America, Latin America, South America