Potter Clarkson LLP is an award winning firm of European patent and trade mark attorneys. The firm advises clients worldwide on patents, trade marks, designs and associated aspects of intellectual property. We have over 50 patent and trade mark professionals working together at a single site. Their technical qualifications and experience are outstanding with many recognised as leaders in their field.
Principal Areas of Work:
The patent professionals are divided into five specialist groups: Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals; Chemistry; Designs & Engineering; and Electronics & Computing; Clean Technologies.
A dedicated Trade Mark group deals with trade marks and every aspect of branding.
- Advising on strategic use of intellectual property rights, including controlling costs and obtaining maximum advantage from a limited budget
- Obtaining patents, trade marks and designs throughout the world
- Validity and infringement opinions
- Patent and trade mark searches and watches
- Managing IP disputes, including European Patent Office patent oppositions and litigation support
- Obtaining Supplementary Protection Certificate and other patent term extensions for medicinal products
- Due diligence and support for fund-raising procedures, such as stock market listings
Areas of Practice:
Electronics and computing 12%
Designs and engineering 11%
Trade marks 8%
Managing Partner –Richard Bassett
Chemistry – Colin Baker
Biotechnology –Philip Thomas
Pharmaceuticals –Stephen McNeeney
Electronics and computing –Ray Charig
Designs and engineering – Timothy Powell
Trade Marks – John Peacock
Number ofUKpartners - 22
Number of other UK fee-earners - 28