DE ALVA & ASOCIADOS
Montecito 38, Piso 34-10
Col. Nápoles, C.P. 03810
World Trade Center
Ciudad de México, MEXICO
Telephone: (+52 55) 55 95 48 71
Fax: (+52 55) 55 95 25 25
We are a Mexican Intellectual Property Law Firm specialised in Trademarks, Patents, Copyrights, Domain Names and Litigation Procedures related to Intellectual Property rights.
“Our vision is to be agents of change, towards a Mexico committed with the promotion, protection, defense, and respect for creations of the human intellect.”
We believe that behind every legal request, there is always a client expecting us to react in a quick and accurate manner.
No matter how complex legal matters can be, to understand and to be understood, will always be the foundation between healthy client-attorney relationships.
Whether as individuals or in a work team, we commit to bringing to the table the highest professional skills in every legal service.
Areas of Specialisation:
- Filing, prosecution, renewal, licensing, assignment, and corporate changes, of Trademarks, slogans, Trade names, and Geographical Indications.
- Filing, prosecution, renewal, licensing, assignment, and maintenance fee payments, of Patents, Utility models, Industrial designs, protection of Industrial Secrets, and Plant Varieties.
- Protection, licensing, and assignment of Copyrights on literary, music, software, photographic, and other related works, including other Intellectual Property related rights.
- Counseling, registration, renewal, litigation, and assignment of Internet Domain Names, including Country Code Top Level Domains (ccTLD, which include: .com.mx, .mx), and Generic Top Level Domains (gTLD), which include: .com, .net, .org, .biz, and .info.
- Litigation services, including Criminal Enforcement, and Customs Actions, on all Intellectual Property Rights.
- Preparation, counseling, and recording contracts and agreements, on all Intellectual Property Rights, and other related rights.
- Legal counseling and strategic advice for the traditional segment of entertainment (such as motion pictures, television, and music), the digital media umbrella (animation, visual effects, online music, video games), including production, distribution, and content development.
Our firm is proud member of: the International Trademark Association (INTA); the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI); the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA); the Mexican Bar Association (BMA); the Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AMPPI); German, Canadian and British Chambers of Commerce.
Sergio De Alva, Esq.
Attorney at Law
Luis Gaya, Esq.
Gerardo Torres, Esq.